Saturday 2 October 2010

I'm forever blowing bubbles!


2nd October 2010

Yet another productive day with Sideways SEUCK. This time it's level 2 of Nyaaaah! 15th Anniversary edition. I know that Saturday last week I worked on the background graphics for level 2, but I wasn't really all that happy with those. So today I decided to spend some time making some much nicer graphics for level 2. Since I didn't want to use the same colours scheme as the first level - as the second level would look ugly with this scheme. I altered the multicolour colours to make the underwater graphics look nice. I used black, blue, light blue and purple - to make it look as if every thing's under water. I wanted to add some pipework to the levels, but I didn't want the game to look like Mario, so I pixelled my pipes, made some spikes then put things in place.
Well, it seems that all this hard work with level 2's graphics paid off and the level looks quite nice.

Now that the stage was designed. It was time for me to set up the attack waves. Before I did, I wanted to make some new enemies for this stage. I don't want to have biblets all of the time in this stage. So I created some fish, water snails and even a mean green boss fish, which the player has to defeat. Then I inserted the wodge load of enemies for this stage I also altered player 2's settings for testing the level. It seems to me that level 2 was just too chaotic. I had to alter the enemy firing rate, as it looked too silly and was way too difficult to play for this level. Much easier, although this stage is still quite hard to play. Maybe I shall work on level 3's graphics (the cave) tomorrow after work. CIAO for now!

No comments:

2023 at a glance

2024 is here, and 2023 has been a really quiet year on the production front due to everything that had gone back to normality. The year has ...