Friday 5 August 2022

Cruiser-X 79: The Final Battle

 Just a short entry today. It is about level 16 of Cruiser-X 79. I decided to re-use the one of the earlier level designs as a rough design (I think it may have been level 10). The design of level 16 is supposed to be the alien pirate base. There are loads of flying over deadly background tricks to be achieved in this final battle stage. Luckily there are shields to collect - but response needs to be quick before the shield runs out. At the end of level 16, I made a HQ base (the home base for the player ship) . As for the music, I have gone for a moody military style tune (no trance this time). 


There is an ending intended for the game. However this will NOT be revealed in this blog.

Well that is it. All of my rough level designs finished. I will be awaiting Saul's magic touch to the game. However it is not the end of the game project yet. I have some code tweaking to do.

Update 24th December 2022!

The game with is finished and is now officially released. You can pick up the full game absolutely free or play the game online at https://richard-tnd.itch.io/cruiserx79 

No comments:

2023 at a glance

2024 is here, and 2023 has been a really quiet year on the production front due to everything that had gone back to normality. The year has ...