Saturday 27 February 2021

February: Progess update - Cruiser-X 79

 27th February 2021

I have been working on a couple of new games as well as this game. The first game is something secret for the Reset issue #14's Mix-I-Disk (Possibly late Spring 2021?!?!). The other project is a game I am making for the final Official C64 SEUCK Compo 2021, which will be released some time in March 2021. The game is quite funny, but will be pretty tough and challenging.  ... but what about Cruiser-X 79? ...   I can tell you that it has been shaping well quite recently. 

Over the past 2 or 3 weekends. I have been busy working on the alien movement pattern routines. There are 40 groups altogether. Some alien group patterns are for the same type of enemy. This mainly occurs with the alien ships and falling asteroids Each enemy routine was tested before I copied it as an actual alien group pattern in the lower area of the code listing.

Okay, so aliens are all done but what about calling each group? Well, that had to be done after I created all of the tables, as I wanted to test each alien wave. After the complete testing, I created a sequence table, and also a custom read table. I also needed to make some new game pointers, related to selecting the alien table that should be read and stored to the actual alien group table. The idea is that when it comes to Saul designing new levels, I select a sequence of aliens by calling a level sequence table, and then copy the value of that pointer to the table read pointer. This will then spawn the new aliens. I tested all 40 alien patterns and all turned out pretty well. There might be a bit of a tidy up with the enemy patterns before the full game is finished. However, it is fine for now..



No comments:

2023 at a glance

2024 is here, and 2023 has been a really quiet year on the production front due to everything that had gone back to normality. The year has ...