12th November 2011
Today's been quite a long session (Drinking lager, oops, no. Wrong!) working on finishing off Woolly Jumper, 16K version. I have been working on making some tweaks and improvements and also added some power ups to the game, which will enhance game play for the player. Especially when he collects power ups. I also added a random table so that we have different power ups appearing on screen. The powerups are as follows:
- Vaccinator (Power up fire power)
- Sheep Shearer (Award 500 points to the player)
- Drencher (Restore fire power to the weakest bullet)
- Cattle Prod (Avoid at all times, it will cost a sheep's life)
The firepower is something as follows:
- Tiny ball of fluff (Small bullet, slow)
- Medium ball of fluff (Medium bullet, moderate speed)
- Mega ball of fluff (Huge bullet, ultra fast)
I have also been working on upgrading the collision to see whether or not the player can respond to the stopping chars. Sadly this feature didn't work properly for level 8 (The great white rock) and it ended up pushing the player all over the place. This caused an unknown bug, which I don't really know what has been causing it. The level design for just the final stage needs a rethink.
Well, we are nearly there. Hopefully the game will be ready a week before the deadline.