Wednesday, 29 April 2009

Holiday to Norway PT 1 - Ship Ahoy!

Wednesday 22nd April 2009

I have got ready and set off with my brother on a cruise to the Norwegian Fjords. First of all we waited outside pickup point to get a coach to Victoria Coach Station, so that we could catch the special coach to our cruise ship. It took 2 1/2 hours from Birmingham to London, and the travelling by coach was boring. After we got off the coach we caught the courtesy coach from London to the ports in Tilbury and then we got on to the cruise ship.

When we got on to the ship, we had a nice buffet meal. Man I sure was starving, I have to admit. I could not stop eating the food for a while and drinking the nice fruit juices. Then Philip and I went to our cabin and relaxed for a bit. After an hour and a half it was time for the safety drill. So we grabbed our life jackets and put them on and set off to the meeting point where the muster stations were. We were surprised that people were forgetting to put on their life jackets and some people did not want to wear them either. LOL.

After the drill, the ship set out to sea. I relaxed in my cabin - well, went to sleep really because I was that tired. Then it was tea time, so Philip and I went to the same buffet restaurant and had our evening meal then had a beer or two then at 9:00pm, we went back to our cabin and fell asleep. The coach travelling really tired us out.

No comments:

Post a Comment