Friday, 27 February 2009

A deadly sighting.

27th February 2009:
I was at work, working long hours as usual. In the afternoon, one of the lads in the warehouse had spotted a box with a weird black spider in it and showed me the spider. I thought to myself, that is an odd looking spider. Looks like something from a horror movie. I said to one of the lads that the spider could be a Black Widow. One of the lads went on to the workplace internet to find out, and it was indeed a Black Widow spider. One of the deadliest spiders from North America. Thankfully, nobody got bitten by it. It would be a horrible experience if somebody got bitten and died inside the workplace.

Too see what a Black Widow looks like, take a look at this video from the youtube.com archives here! :)


I have just seen pictures of various Black Widow spiders, and one picture was an exact match to what I saw in the work place. It says that Black Widow spiders have a red marked bottom (We did not bother to look at it) and took a look at some more information about those deadly spiders. It seems that they are usually found in America and they are usually living underground, on woodpiles, wooden pallets and also cluttered areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment